[Disksim-users] Does DiskSim support disk array reconstruction/rebuild?

Jack Wang ouki at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 7 13:58:05 EST 2007

Hello Disksim user community,

I am working on a project and I would like to use Disksim to simulate my algorithms. But I am not sure if the Disksim supports what I am trying to do.

Does Disksim support disk array reconstruction simulations? Let's say I have RAID5 array with five disks. In case of hard disk failure, I need to simulate the disk rebuilding process while serving I/O requests. The reconstruction time need to be calculated and the drawback to the I/O performance needs to be counted as well.

I would appreciate if anyone could give me an answer, together with a brief hint on how to accomplish that. Thanks.

Jack