[Disksim-users] somebody knows how to handle the switch of the disk status:active/idle/standby/sleep?

John Bucy bucy at gloop.org
Tue Nov 21 14:02:22 EST 2006

So your setup is that you have a bunch of disks and at any given time,
some of them are active and some of them are sleeping or whatever and
you want the requests that map to disks that are on to issue
immediately and the ones that map to disks that are asleep to be
delayed for the disk to wake up?

I would expect that you'd have to implement that in the logorg code in
disksim.  Maybe you could introduce a special "wakeup" request that
you'd enqueue ahead of any request that accesses a disk that's asleep
and arrange for it to block everything else in the queue, etc.

john