[Disksim-users] somebody knows how to handle the switch of the disk status:active/idle/standby/sleep?

田磊 raysmile at tom.com
Thu Nov 16 10:39:26 EST 2006

Hi,

    I am working on augmenting the support of the switch of the disk status, such as active, idle, standby, sleep in the disksim. And I have a problem.
    If the current status of a disk is sleep while an I/O request arrives, the disk can not serve the request immediately and must wait for a period, call wake-up time, to serve it. So, the events in terms of the disk should be delayed till the disk is ready waked-up. considering the RAID configuration, only the corresponding events of the waking-up disks should be delayed and the other events for the other disks which are in the active/idle status should be handled without delay.
    the question is: how can I do something in the disksim, to differentiate the events' cause by the different disks. If I block all of the events in the event loop once a disk is in the sleep status, it leads to an unfair and wrong result.
    any suggestion is appreciated.

Lei Tian