[DANCE] First DANCE brainstorming hangout on Jan 23

Oliver Ferschke ferschke at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Jan 16 15:12:07 EST 2015

Greetings DANCE partners,

On Friday, January 23 at 1pm EST (10am PST, 7pm CET) we will host our first online brainstorming session for DANCE, and we greatly look forward to your participation.

We will host the session in Google Hangouts on air.  Up to 10 people can actively participate in the hangout through audio and video connection.  Others can observe the hangout in broadcast mode and can interact with the group through chat.  In order to include you in the audio/video portion of the hangout, we will need your gmail id.  Please send that to Oliver Ferschke at ferschke at cs.cmu.edu.  We will send the link to the hangout to this list so everyone is able to attend the broadcast version of the hangout, even if they are only able to attend part of the meeting.  Additionally, the hangout will be recorded, and the recorded version of the discussion will be made available to this list after the meeting.

We have prepared a google doc to record notes at the meeting.  It is already set up with some prompts for brainstorming.  We encourage you to begin your brainstorming ahead of the meeting privately and then to copy your ideas into the doc.  No need to censor your ideas, all are welcome at this stage!  Here is a link to the document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kFDUU2J_CjOVeam5jAPH9o_nlO9XUPz7XKmSS4NAZCg/edit

Best wishes,
Oliver and Carolyn