telnet hangs on the sasl2 part

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Jun 3 15:21:57 EDT 2017

Am 03.06.2017 um 18:14 schrieb Roelof Wobben:
> postconf -Mf :
>
> 587        inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
> pickup     unix  n       -       n       60      1       pickup
> cleanup    unix  n       -       n       -       0       cleanup
> qmgr       unix  n       -       n       300     1       qmgr
> tlsmgr     unix  -       -       n       1000?   1       tlsmgr
> rewrite    unix  -       -       n       -       -       trivial-rewrite
> bounce     unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
> defer      unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
> trace      unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
> verify     unix  -       -       n       -       1       verify
> flush      unix  n       -       n       1000?   0       flush
> proxymap   unix  -       -       n       -       -       proxymap
> proxywrite unix  -       -       n       -       1       proxymap
> smtp       unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp
> relay      unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp
> showq      unix  n       -       n       -       -       showq
> error      unix  -       -       n       -       -       error
> retry      unix  -       -       n       -       -       error
> discard    unix  -       -       n       -       -       discard
> local      unix  -       n       n       -       -       local
> virtual    unix  -       n       n       -       -       virtual
> lmtp       unix  -       -       n       -       -       lmtp
> anvil      unix  -       -       n       -       1       anvil
> scache     unix  -       -       n       -       1       scache

You have removed the smtp service.

smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd

And your submission (port 587 service) is incomplete. Please review your
master.cf and correct it.

Your current problem is very likely just that you cannot connect to port
25 because of the fact that your remove the port 25 service. I don't see
a reason why Postfix actually should complain about a misconfigured
SASL. So make sure you correlate logged errors to the misconfiguration
at a time.

Alexander