Fwd: Hi. I have some libsasl patches and bugs, need guidance

Jan Parcel jan.parcel at oracle.com
Tue Oct 13 13:06:09 EDT 2015

On 10/13/2015 08:42 AM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Tuesday, October 13, 2015 12:04 AM -0700 Jan Parcel
> <jan.parcel at oracle.com> wrote:
>
>> On 10/12/2015 07:48 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>>> Personally, as best I can tell, cyrus-sasl is dead. There doesn't seem
>>> to be anyone doing active development on it, no releases despite any
>>> number of bug fixes and some new features supplied back, etc.
>>>
>>> I'd love to hear otherwise, but that's my general take away.
>>>
>>> --Quanah
>>
>> There have been patches over the summer.
>
> Of cyrus-sasl? Not that I've seen.  Do you mean cyrus-imapd perhaps?
> If you look at the "Contribute" Page, it is all about cyrus-imapd.  If
> you look at the git log for the cyrus-sasl branch, there's been no
> real work at all for a few years:
>
> <https://cgit.cyrus.foundation/cyrus-sasl/log/>
>
> Again, this is despite the fact that a variety of patches and at least
> one new database backend have been contributed back.
>
>> If it's dead, what replaces it?
>
> Postfix has support for some alternative SASL implementation, but I've
> never looked at it in depth.
>
> --Quanah

These came from imap?

* 	auth_krb5.c: added krb5_conv_krb4_instance option to allow
user-specified ins...
<https://cgit.cyrus.foundation/cyrus-sasl/commit/?id=9553a596a877cd18a4fe88052c1ae5063c74e37f>HEAD
<https://cgit.cyrus.foundation/cyrus-sasl/commit/?id=9553a596a877cd18a4fe88052c1ae5063c74e37f>master
<https://cgit.cyrus.foundation/cyrus-sasl/log/> 	Ken Murchison
2015-07-17 	1 	-2/+10

* 	More build fixes
<https://cgit.cyrus.foundation/cyrus-sasl/commit/?id=fbfae51552f2972799a4cc8d1c25c5626a510ca6>
Ken Murchison 	2015-06-10 	13 	-22/+25

* 	configure.in, cmulocal/: replace the *.m4 pieces required to compile
cyrus-sasl
<https://cgit.cyrus.foundation/cyrus-sasl/commit/?id=1f81574ab879002d5625d298f2f5dfb5d7d69deb>foo
<https://cgit.cyrus.foundation/cyrus-sasl/log/?h=foo> 	Ken Murchison
2015-06-07 	36 	-24321/+1198