Fwd: Hi. I have some libsasl patches and bugs, need guidance

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at zimbra.com
Tue Oct 13 11:42:17 EDT 2015

--On Tuesday, October 13, 2015 12:04 AM -0700 Jan Parcel
<jan.parcel at oracle.com> wrote:

> On 10/12/2015 07:48 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>> Personally, as best I can tell, cyrus-sasl is dead. There doesn't seem
>> to be anyone doing active development on it, no releases despite any
>> number of bug fixes and some new features supplied back, etc.
>>
>> I'd love to hear otherwise, but that's my general take away.
>>
>> --Quanah
>
> There have been patches over the summer.

Of cyrus-sasl? Not that I've seen.  Do you mean cyrus-imapd perhaps?  If
you look at the "Contribute" Page, it is all about cyrus-imapd.  If you
look at the git log for the cyrus-sasl branch, there's been no real work at
all for a few years:

<https://cgit.cyrus.foundation/cyrus-sasl/log/>

Again, this is despite the fact that a variety of patches and at least one
new database backend have been contributed back.

> If it's dead, what replaces it?

Postfix has support for some alternative SASL implementation, but I've
never looked at it in depth.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount