SASL Server Plugin

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Thu Nov 22 21:36:07 EST 2012

On 11/22/12 21:27 +0530, Mathew iprocessor wrote:
>Hi,
>I also have one more doubt. I am just editing Plain.c to make my own
>mechanism. Here once the username and password is sent to the server from
>client. The server will verify it and sends the response. After this step
>again the server needs to send a request asking for some other parameters.
>Once the client sends those parameters the server should receive it. How to
>handle this in plain.c?

The PLAIN mechanism is a protocol defined in RFC 4616. plain.c is it's
implementation within cyrus sasl. RFC 3501 provides details about how SASL
interactions (for all mechanisms) are initiated and completed for IMAP.

I am not clear what you mean by "After this step again the server needs to
send a request asking for some other parameters." Is this step related to
authentication, or to some other aspect of the email protocol you are
using?

--
Dan White