Access control by IP

omalleys at msu.edu omalleys at msu.edu
Wed Sep 14 16:13:35 EDT 2011

Quoting Dan White <dwhite at olp.net>:

> On 08/09/11 17:47 -0300, Sandro Venezuela wrote:
>> Hello everyone.
>>
>> I have an E-Mail service with Cyrus IMAP + Cyrus SASL and I want to
>> controlthat only users of a particular network to access the mailbox.
>>
>> This is possible with the Cyrus SASL?
>>
>> If yes, how can I do?
>
> I am not aware of a way to do IP based restrictions with Cyrus SASL.

The easiest thing is if it is all users, to just firewall off the
untrusted network. I don't think you can use tcp wrappers in this case.

I did get sasl to restrict by using a pam module based on RHOST restrictions.
But I don't know of any sasl abaility for the restriction, even though
the information is there.