auxpropfunc error invalid parameter supplied

ml ml mliebherr99 at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 7 11:32:17 EST 2010

Hello List,

i cant seem to get my saslauth working. Testsaslauth works for my user:
testsaslauthd -u mario -p test
0: OK "Success."

cyradm --user mario --auth login localhost
IMAP Password:
              Login only available under a layer at
/usr/lib/perl5/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 119
cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with login as mario

auth.log:
imap[21753]: auxpropfunc error invalid parameter supplied
imap[21753]: _sasl_plugin_load failed on sasl_auxprop_plug_init for
plugin: ldapdb

cat /etc/imapd.conf
configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus mario
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd

Has anyone an idea why it wants ldapdb here? Why does the authentification fail?

Cheers,
Mario