how i can delete {37} mailbox

schum schum at eaxx.org
Tue Aug 10 05:19:00 EDT 2010

Am 10.08.2010 10:27, schrieb Sebastian Hagedorn:
> Wrong mailing list. This one is only for SASL. You want info-cyrus,
> but read below.
>
> --On 10. August 2010 10:06:57 +0200 schum <schum at eaxx.org> wrote:
>
>> my script had built cyrus add_user measures. Now I have got the
>> following
>> mailboxes
>>
>> IMAP Password: localhost.localdomain> lm
>> user / admin (\ HasChildren)
>> user / admin / backup (\ HasNoChildren)
>> user / admin / Drafts (\ HasNoChildren)
>> user / admin / Sent (\ HasNoChildren)
>> user / admin / spam (\ HasNoChildren)
>> user / admin / Trash (\ HasNoChildren)
>> {37} (\ HasNoChildren)
>> {42} (\ HasNoChildren)
>> {42} (\ HasNoChildren)
>> {43} (\ HasNoChildren)
>> {44} (\ HasNoChildren)
>>
>> localhost> sam (37) cyrus cyrus
>> setaclmailbox: cyrus: cyrus: Mailbox does not exist
>>
>> how can I delete the mailbox ?
>
> I don't understand how you were able to create those mailboxes in the
> first place:
>
> /*
> * Apply site policy restrictions on mailbox names.
> * Restrictions are hardwired for now.
> */
> #define GOODCHARS "
> +,-.0123456789:=@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ_abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz~"
>
> Brackets of any kind can't normally be used in mailbox names. Are you
> running a patched version of Cyrus or how did those mboxes come in
> existence?

i enabled virtual domain support.and set defaultdomain
cat / etc / imapd.conf
virtdomains: yes

i have called it
perl cyr_adduser.pl user/schum.ndd at domain.org secretpassword

here, the script
http://eaxx.org/cyr_adduser.txt

the mailbox was in the mail directory with cyrus
srv-01:# / var/spool /cyrus/ mail/domain/d/domain.org/s/user/schum ^ ndd /
created.

that was all what I had done.

i have created a new user with the script without a domain and he is
listed clean.
is strange.

user/admin (\HasChildren)
user/admin/Backup (\HasNoChildren)