GSSAPI support in Cyrus SASL 2.x broken on FreeBSD

xenophon\+cyrus-sasl xenophon+cyrus-sasl at irtnog.org
Mon Apr 26 11:43:44 EDT 2010

Hey everybody,

Whenever I try to build Cyrus SASL (from FreeBSD's ports tree) with
GSSAPI enabled, autoconf returns the following errors.  I don't know
whether these are due to problems with FreeBSD, with FreeBSD's package,
or with Cyrus SASL.  Would someone point me in the right direction?

configure:10594: checking for res_search in -lresolv
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lresolv
configure:10646: result: no

configure:10674: checking for gss_unwrap in -lgssapi
/usr/lib/libhx509.so: undefined reference to `MD2_Init'
/usr/lib/libhx509.so: undefined reference to `MD2_Final'
/usr/lib/libhx509.so: undefined reference to `MD2_Update'
configure:10726: result: no

configure:11111: WARNING: Disabling GSSAPI - specified library not found

I posted config.log to http://pastebin.com/fcBEqJN0 and config.status to
http://pastebin.com/hRabJUST.  The error about res_search makes me
suspect a problem with the configure script, as res_search exists in
libc on FreeBSD - there is no separate resolver library.

I'd appreciate any help.

Best wishes,
Matthew