SASL2 plugin problem

Xu, Qiang (FXSGSC) Qiang.Xu at fujixerox.com
Wed Mar 11 06:39:53 EDT 2009

Hi, Dan:

Thanks for your reminding me of this utility.

Yes, I found it, and put it into our printer to have a test:
mbc80:/usr/sbin <360> pluginviewer |grep -i gssapi
PLAIN NTLM LOGIN GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 ANONYMOUS EXTERNAL
Plugin "GSSAPI" [loaded],       API version: 4
        SASL mechanism: GSSAPI, best SSF: 56, supports setpass: no
PLAIN NTLM LOGIN GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 ANONYMOUS EXTERNAL
Plugin "GSSAPI" [loaded],       API version: 4
        SASL mechanism: GSSAPI, best SSF: 56
It seems GSSAPI plugin is in place. But the output is a little different from the URL you gave me. There, the name of the plugin is "gssapiv2". I don't know whether this would make a difference.
By the way, ldapsearch utility in our system was compiled without SASL support. :-(

Given the situation here, could you give me some suggestion of any other reason that will lead to the LDAP SASL binding error of "86 Unknown authentication method"? Or any other method without ldapsearch utitity that can be used to verify SASL works properly?

Thanks a lot,
Xu Qiang