Configuring saslauthd for ldap

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at zimbra.com
Thu Jul 23 01:52:36 EDT 2009

--On Thursday, July 23, 2009 12:46 PM +0700 Olivier Nicole
<on at cs.ait.ac.th> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Your log indicates its a TLS negotioation failure.
>
> This may be missleading as I use SSL, not TLS.
>
>> Does it work if you don't use TLS?
>
> If I configure without SSL:
>
>    ldap_servers: ldaps://ldap.cs.ait.ac.th/
>
> If I configure with SSL:
>
>   ldap_servers: ldaps://ldap.cs.ait.ac.th/

What you say above makes zero sense to me.  There are two types of LDAP
bits that can do SSL encryption:

(a) startTLS (ldap v3 RFC standard)
(b) ldaps://, usually on port 636.  Not part of any standard, but a hack.

Now, what exactly do you mean by you configured without ssl but are using
ldaps://?  That makes *no* sense.

At a guess, one of the problems you may be having on the saslauthd side is
that it can't find the CA cert to validate the connection.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer