NTLMv2 support?

Kai Blin blin at gmx.net
Sun Mar 9 04:10:54 EDT 2008

On Thursday 06 March 2008 13:26:38 Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we run Cyrus IMAP and sendmail with SASL authentication, including support
> for NTLM. I don't use Windows, but it appears as if Vista disables NTLMv1
> support. So people have been asking about support for NTLMv2. Is there
> anything in the pipeline?
>
> (From what people are saying I'm working under the assumption that the
> current plug-in only does NTLMv1)

If you're using the Samba ntlm_auth tool to give you NTLM support, it will do
NTLMv2. Note that using a recent version of Samba is recommended. Samba
3.0.28a fixes a bug with NTLMv2 handling from ntlm_auth.

You can find the cyrys-sasl patch here:
http://viewcvs.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/patches/?root=lorikeet

It might need to be updated to apply to the current source.

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin