Cyrus SASL and LDAP and CRAM-MD5 and DIGEST-MD5...

Reinaldo de Carvalho reinaldoc at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 09:32:37 EDT 2008

Hi Pascal,

You can use userPassword, but you need enforce {MD5}.

Sample:

userPassword:: e01ENX16RDBCMnBIOGtkM2pYRjF0SzYyZUxBPT0=

# openssl enc -d -a <<< e01ENX16RDBCMnBIOGtkM2pYRjF0SzYyZUxBPT0=
{MD5}zD0B2pH8kd3jXF1tK62eLA==

# openssl enc -d -a <<< zD0B2pH8kd3jXF1tK62eLA== | hd | tr -d ' ' | cut -c9-40
cc3d01da91fc91dde35c5d6d2bad9e2c

Then compare hashes.

But, MD5 is not secure, you can use PLAIN with TLS/SSL.

--
Reinaldo de Carvalho
http://korreio.sf.net