Cyrus SASL and LDAP and CRAM-MD5 and DIGEST-MD5...

Pascal Gienger Pascal.Gienger at uni-konstanz.de
Sat Jun 21 03:07:08 EDT 2008

Dan White <dwhite at olp.net> wrote:

> Hi Pascal,
>
> I tried it out and it works as advertised for me.
>
> Some suggestions: In the case sasl requests an attribute from your
> auxprop store that doesn't match the configured userPassword attribute,
> go ahead and pass it up. I'm getting this error while attempting an OTP
> authentication (IMAP):
>
> giengerldap skip property: *cmusaslsecretOTP

This is not an error, it is a debug message. It just skips that unknown
attribute. My auxprop only reacts on "*userPassword". It just returns no
result so the next plugin can handle the request (like otp).

> Also, consider writing an auxprop_store function,
> which can be important when using auto_transition,
> or when setting the password via your plugin.

In my case passwords were not changed from inside the mail application,
they have a special user interface for that. But I can do that next week if
you would be so kind to test it then!

Pascal