setup problems

Francesco Grossi f.grossi at itql.it
Thu Aug 21 08:47:22 EDT 2008

Dan
many many thanks for I succeed, at least partially.

Firstly I added slapd.conf to the sasl default dir with the (unique)
parameter:
sasl_mech: xmech
Then I stopped and restarted slapd

I had some trouble in understanding what is my ldap URI of the ldapsearch
command and eventually I skip it by truning the command into:

ldapsearch -x -h localhost -s "base" -b "" supportedSASLMechanisms
response was:

# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <> with scope baseObject
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: supportedSASLMechanisms
#
#
dn:
supportedSASLMechanisms: XMECH
# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success
# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

moreover:
if I omitted -x (that is to say ldapsearch --h localhost -s "base" -b ""
supportedSASLMechanisms)
my xmech is got called by the ldapsearch command, as you said , tht proven
by the following functions recording themselves into xmech log:
20080820155638 xmech_client_plug_init
20080820155638 xmech_client_mech_new
20080820155638 xmech_client_mech_step
20080820155638 xmech_client_mech_step
20080820155638 xmech_client_dispose

I just notice that, compared with xmech functions called by sample client,
no server functions (xmech_server_mech_new xmech_server_mech_step
xmech_server_mech_step) are triggered .

What is missing is:
1) my JXplorer *OpenLDAP client authentication doesn't call the xmech* (the
log remains untouched)
2) the server functions are not called

Dan I want to thank you for your precious indications.

Does anybody know what I'm missing to have JXplorer behave as ldapsearch,
that is to say to authenticate people through the xmech?

Many Thanks

Francesco