Suggested ToDo

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jan 23 13:37:24 EST 2007

Per my earlier thread it appears that there isn't any worthwhile SASL
support on the Windows platform.  However there is support for SSPI,
which can be made to behave like GSSAPI.  There are published, tested
examples of how to do this.

Wouldn't it be worthwhile for someone to write an alternate version
of the GSSAPI mechanism plug-in that works on Windows without the
need to install a Kerberos distribution?

Seems to me that if someone cares about wide adoption of the SASL
standard then we need a robust implementation on Windows that's easy
to build/install.
Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu