Cyrus + Postfix + SASL

Tiron Adrian tiron_adrian at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 20 08:20:20 EST 2007

Hello,

I have already installed postfix using sasl.

Saslauthd is ran like this:

/usr/sbin/saslauthd -m /var/run/saslauthd -a shadow

The problem is that now i'm following the Postfix-Cyrus-Web-cyradm-HOWTO and it says that in the init script for cyrus should be something like this:
/usr/local/sbin/saslauthd -c -a pam& , so I should use the pam mechanism.

Anyway the idea is that all programs using sasl should use the same mechanism right?What should i do?

Cheers,
A.