Logging problems + authentication problems

Herbert Muller HerbiM at gmx.de
Mon Jan 15 13:51:39 EST 2007

>> So there was/is definitely something wrong with the plugin. I'm quite
>> confused by the 'mysql^M'

>Check your smtpd.conf. I would guess there is a CR+LF at the end of the
>Line.
>Maybe you edited this file with Windows/DOS? Check this and fix this.

I already thought of that. Usually I'm using the ssh secure shell client on
Windows XP. Maybe the client sends the CR through the ssh connection and vi
"writes it down" on the other side. To be able to definitely exclude this
cause I recreated the smtpd.conf on a Linux machine, but that didn't solve
the problem.
I do not get any error messages logged so I cannot say if it still is
'mysql^M'.

--
    Herbert