Logging problems + authentication problems

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Tue Jan 9 17:27:11 EST 2007

On Tuesday January 09, 2007 at 02:55:22 (PM) Herbert Muller wrote:

> > You should have: permit_sasl_authenticated before permit_mynetworks
>
> Dose that really make any difference? permit_mynetworks should not exclude
> sasl-authenticated clients as far as I know. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
> Neverteless I changes it.

It will not exclude it. Rather, it will let anyone on your network in
whether authenticated or not. It that what you want? Perhaps it is.

> > Check out: smtp_tls_security_level and smtpd_tls_security_level if using
> > Postfix 3.2.x
>
> I'm using Postfix 2.1.5-9 (says apt-cache), according to postfix.org there
> is no 3.2.x

Sorry, I meant version 2.3.x or newer. There have been several
significant changes since your older version. Many have to do with SASL.

You might want to check on the Postfix forum for more information.

--
Gerard