How to build SASL from CVS

Biswatosh biswatosh2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 06:51:34 EDT 2007

Hi,

I would like to know the exact process of building the
tar.gz files for CMUSASL, which we ftp download and
use.

I guess u build it on the cvs checkout of sasl module.
And probably, u must be using the GNU auto tools for
it,like autoheader,autoconf,automake etc. I did the
same after cvs checkout and could do it smoothly on
Linux but
on solairs it gave some problems. Also, on linux, I
had to use an older version of automake(1.8.3) and not
the latest as the latest one complained on GNU make
extensions in some
files. So, as I see it,the process is not still very
clean and clearly documented. Do, u do different
things for different platforms? Could you pls share
that knowledge with us(users etc)?
I am from Sun Microsystems and in future, some of us
would like to get more actively involved with CMU
SASL,
even in terms of contributing.

So,to repeat my question, pls tell me how do you make
the tar.gz files and how come it works on all platform
but the original cvs source faces many while using
auto tools?

Thanks
Biswatosh

to get more involved with