Authentication with DIGEST-MD5 or CRAM-MD5

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Apr 3 04:28:14 EDT 2007

-- Nicolas Fontaine <nicolas.fontaine at univ-reunion.fr> is rumored to have =

mumbled on 3. April 2007 11:17:11 +0400 regarding Authentication with =

DIGEST-MD5 or CRAM-MD5:

> Hi everybody,
>     I'm new to this mailing list and also new to cyrus sasl. I'm trying
> to setup a IMAP server based on the IMAP Aggregator with two machines (A
> Front End with a Mupdate master on it and a Backend with mailbox)... All
> seems to works fine : I've got the synchronisation between the mupdate
> slave and the mupdate master, and I can create new mailbox to user.
>     But my problem is when I want to read my mail via the front end, the
> connection between the front end and the backend failed (with the proxing
> user Murder). All is configured with sasldb with PLAIN /LOGIN
> authentication with saslauthd deamon. It seems that I need to set up sasl
> to use the mechanism DIGEST-MD5 or CRAM-MD5. But I can't create a
> DIGEST-MD5 password with saslpasswd2...
>
> So, my question is : How can I store my password in sasldb2 with
> DIGEST-MD5 or CRAM-MD5 ?

Your entry in sasldb2 is just fine, but you can't use saslauthd if you want =

to use one of the challenge-response mechanisms. Use auxprop instead ...
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum f=FCr angewandte Informatik - Universit=E4tsweiter Service RRZK