Help debugging libsasl2

Andreas Winkelmann ml at awinkelmann.de
Sun Oct 1 13:26:26 EDT 2006

Am Sunday 01 October 2006 18:22 schrieb Torsten Schlabach:

>  > Did you select your canonuser Plugin?
>  >
>  > (sasl_)canon_user_plugin: the_name
>
> Yes! And it even does its work, i.e. it does successfully canonicalize
> usernames! At least with a very simple test szenario. Not yet really
> what I am looking at implementing.
>
>  > And if and where you see something depends on the Context, where
>  > cyrus-sasl is used. Som Applications implement their own Log-Callback.
>
> I am using it with Cyrus IMAPd. Might I have to change logging options
> there as well? What I mean is: Are you saying that IMAPd (or another app
> using libsasl2 might intercept logs from the SASL layer and decide not
> to pass them on?

Cyrus-SASL has it's own Logging Function. It logs to Syslog and uses
"(sasl_)log_level" for pre-filtering. (If Syslog is available and Cyrus-SASL
is built with Syslog-Support of course.)

Some Applications override this Function with it's own Logging i.e. Postfix.
Postfix implements such a Callback and decides what to send to Syslog. The
Control in Postfix is done with additional "-v"/"-vv"/"-vvv" in master.cf for
example.

Cyrus-Imapd does not implement such a Logging Callback, so the one in
Cyrus-SASL is used.

--
	Andreas