cyrus-sasl 2.1.22 and pluginviewer

Andreas Winkelmann ml at awinkelmann.de
Tue May 23 06:58:57 EDT 2006

Alexey Melnikov sagte:

>>But it makes some unexpected things.
>>
>>a) auxprop-plugins
>>
>>Installed are:
>>
>># ls /usr/lib/sasl2/
>>.                       libcrammd5.so           libgssapiv2.la
>>libldapdb.so.2.0.22  libntlm.so.2       libplain.so          libsql.la
>>..                      libcrammd5.so.2         libgssapiv2.so
>>liblogin.la          libntlm.so.2.0.22  libplain.so.2        libsql.so
>>libanonymous.la         libcrammd5.so.2.0.22    libgssapiv2.so.2
>>liblogin.so          libotp.la          libplain.so.2.0.22   libsql.so.2
>>libanonymous.so         libdigestmd5.la         libgssapiv2.so.2.0.22
>>liblogin.so.2        libotp.so          libsasldb.la
>> libsql.so.2.0.22
>>libanonymous.so.2       libdigestmd5.so         libldapdb.la
>>liblogin.so.2.0.22   libotp.so.2        libsasldb.so         slapd.conf
>>libanonymous.so.2.0.22  libdigestmd5.so.2       libldapdb.so
>>libntlm.la           libotp.so.2.0.22   libsasldb.so.2       smtpd.conf
>>libcrammd5.la           libdigestmd5.so.2.0.22  libldapdb.so.2
>>libntlm.so           libplain.la        libsasldb.so.2.0.22
>>
>>ldapdb, sasldb, sql. But pluginviewer -a shows:
>>
>># pluginviewer -a
>>Installed auxprop mechanisms are:
>>sasldb
>>List of auxprop plugins follows
>>Plugin "sasldb" ,       API version: 4
>>        supports store: yes
>>
>>#
>>
>>Only sasldb. Why? Shouldn't it list all installed Plugins?
>>
> This might be a bit misleading, pluginviewer should probably say
> "installed and properly configured". That is the whole point: it only
> shows plugin that were successfully loaded. So if a plugin you want to
> use is not showing up, it means that it is not properly configured.

Yes, yesterday I invetigated this a little bit further and found that a
Config-File for pluginviewer was missing. Something like

/usr/lib/sasl2/pluginviewer.conf

sql_select: dummy
ldapdb_uri: dummy

Then all Plugins are shown. Maybe something to add to "man pluginviewer"?

Hmm, btw. it would be not uninteresting to see which sql-Backends are
compiled in the sql-Plugin. Maybe something for 2.1.23?

--
Andreas Winkelmann