thunderbird, sample server

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Mon Mar 6 18:13:39 EST 2006

* julius Junghans <julius.junghans at gmx.de>:
> Hi,
>
> after succesfully configuring the sample client/server i tried to
> authenticate with mozilla-thunderbird against the sample server
>
> ./server -p 30000
> trying 2, 1, 6
> trying 10, 1, 6
> socket: Address family not supported by protocol
> accepted new connection
> send: {46}
> ANONYMOUS CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN NTLM
> client didn't choose mechanism
> closing connection

The sample server expects different input and an email client expects a
different line to recognize the AUTH offer - it will not work.

> Thats what i get, ive tried to connect with ssl and secure
> authentication..nothing helped. The account is pop3.

Keep it simple. Don't add SSL or anything else.

> Ts it possible at all to test if the server config works for my email
> client?

If server and client work, then SASL works.
Next step would be to configure the POP server and use "telnet localhost 110"
to test if authentication works from the server to SASL. If that works, use a
regular MUA.

p at rick

--
The Book of Postfix