saslpasswd2+flat file

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Mon Jun 26 03:39:39 EDT 2006

Hi,

--On 24. Juni 2006 00:06:52 +0530 Yadavenedra Awasthi
<yadu at netmagicsolutions.com> wrote:

> If I am having a flat file of 30-40 thousand username and password, so is
> there a way i can convert whole file at once in sasldb format. I mean can
> file be hashed at once instead of running saslpasswd2 test at test.com test
> everytime through a script as it can be highly  resource intensive if it
> is running every 15 minutes as cron job.

FWIW, we're in the same position but we handle it differently. We only deal
with diffs to the previous version. This works just great and takes very
little time to run, because usually just a few entries need to be touched.
I can provide the script if there's interest. Obviously it's quite specific
to our setup, so it would require some work to adapt it to a different
environment ...

Cheers, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
     .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK