AUTH failure (LOGIN): user not found (-20) SASL(-13): user not found: checkpass failed

fredrik.pettai at vattenfall.com fredrik.pettai at vattenfall.com
Wed Jun 14 04:54:05 EDT 2006

Okey,

Now with the newly compiled cyrus-sasl-2.1.22, i get another (perhaps
better) error message instead. So I guess I had a incorrect
blastwave-package config, or strange problem?!

Well, with this new sasl2, I have tried Sendmail.conf containing:

checkpw_method: saslauthd, or checkpw_method: shadow

And running:

saslauthd -a shadow -V, or saslauthd -a pam -V

But I always get this error in the syslog-logfile, then I try to use MS
OE:

AUTH failure (LOGIN): user not found (-20) SASL(-13): user not found:
checkpass failed

Then I run testsaslauthd -u user -p pass, it gives me:
0: OK "Success."

So i guess the problem lies between sendmail <-> cyrus-sasl in some way.

(I have also created a user with saslpasswd2, the same user that is in
/etc/passwd & /etc/shadow, but error is still no luck. But I guess that
was unnecessary, but at least I tried it out :-) )

Any more clues of that I'm doing wrong here?

TIA,
/P