AUTH failure (LOGIN): no mechanism available (-4) SASL(-4): no mechanism available: checkpass failed

fredrik.pettai at vattenfall.com fredrik.pettai at vattenfall.com
Tue Jun 13 09:36:17 EDT 2006

> I think "pwcheck_method: saslauthd" is what you
> want. But are you sure that /opt/csw/lib/sasl2 is
> the correct location for Sendmail.conf? (I don't
> know about Solaris, but on FreeBSD it's located in
/usr/local/lib/sasl2.)

(I apologize for the HTML mail formatting in the mail before...)

Well, the dir "/opt/csw/lib/sasl2" is Blastwave standard. They tend to
put everything under /opt/csw/.

Running "stings" on /opt/csw/sbin/saslauthd and /opt/csw/lib/sasl2.so, I
only got the path /opt/csw/lib/sasl2 (except for the path to the
configfile for saslauthd).
I'm not sure if it's right, though...

But I'm trying to compile an own version of cyrus-sasl on Solaris 10 to
see if it works better...
At least, I know where the files should go this time.

Thanks,
/P