ldapdb: error: invalid parameter supplied

Igor Brezac igor at ipass.net
Fri Apr 21 13:22:55 EDT 2006

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:

>>> Authentication fails with the following errors:
>>>
>>> Apr 20 19:50:12 laptop slapd[28454]: auxpropfunc error invalid parameter supplied
>>> Apr 20 19:50:12 laptop slapd[28454]: _sasl_plugin_load failed on sasl_auxprop_plug_init for plugin: ldapdb
>>>
>>> Now I am trying to find out who "supplied" the "invalid parameter" in order
>>> to fix it.

I missed this one earlier.

This error does not come from the sample utility.  It comes from the
openldap server and is probably OK as long as you did not explicitely
configure ldapdb as the slapd auxprop plugin (if you do not have
/usr/lib/sasl2/slapd.conf you should be ok).

>>> The OpenLDAP slaptest utility didn't report any errors on slapd.conf. Also
>>> the log_level I've set in /usr/lib/sasl2/sample.conf didn't give me any
>>> verbose output either when I used Cyrus SASL's server and client to test
>>> authentication.
>>>
>>> Any hints or ideas?
>>
>> What are the contents of sample.conf?  You probably did not specify
>> ldapdb_uri.
>
> Here's the content of sample.conf:
>
> log_level: 7
> pwcheck_method: auxprop
> auxprop_plugin: ldapdb
> mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5
> ldapdb_uri: ldap://localhost
> ldapdb_id: proxyuser
> ldapdb_pw: proxy_secret
> ldapdb_mech: DIGEST-MD5
>
> As you can see I did specify ldapdb_uri. I don't see anything being wrong with
> the config. Do you?

This looks ok.  What does debug of the ldap server show?  Did you setup
proxy correctly on the ldap server, ldapwhoami -Y DIGEST-MD5 -U proxyuser
-X u:user?

--
Igor