ldapdb: error: invalid parameter supplied

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Fri Apr 21 01:27:40 EDT 2006

* Igor Brezac <igor at ipass.net>:
> On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> >I am trying to configure the ldapdb auxprop plugin, built manually from
> >Cyrus-SASL.2.1.21, to authenticate against OpenLDAP, using stock RPM
> >openldap-2.3.19-4 from Fedora Core 5.
> >
> >Authentication fails with the following errors:
> >
> >Apr 20 19:50:12 laptop slapd[28454]: auxpropfunc error invalid parameter supplied
> >Apr 20 19:50:12 laptop slapd[28454]: _sasl_plugin_load failed on sasl_auxprop_plug_init for plugin: ldapdb
> >
> >Now I am trying to find out who "supplied" the "invalid parameter" in order
> >to fix it.
> >
> >The OpenLDAP slaptest utility didn't report any errors on slapd.conf. Also
> >the log_level I've set in /usr/lib/sasl2/sample.conf didn't give me any
> >verbose output either when I used Cyrus SASL's server and client to test
> >authentication.
> >
> >Any hints or ideas?
>
> What are the contents of sample.conf?  You probably did not specify
> ldapdb_uri.

Here's the content of sample.conf:

log_level: 7
pwcheck_method: auxprop
auxprop_plugin: ldapdb
mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5
ldapdb_uri: ldap://localhost
ldapdb_id: proxyuser
ldapdb_pw: proxy_secret
ldapdb_mech: DIGEST-MD5

As you can see I did specify ldapdb_uri. I don't see anything being wrong with
the config. Do you?

Thanks,

p at rick

--