saslauthd problem

Derek Yarnell derek at umiacs.umd.edu
Thu Sep 15 11:26:44 EDT 2005

So I have a RHEL4 system that I am doing cyrus imapd on.  We are a
kerberos5 shop and thus are using saslauthd as the auth proxy.  Now
sporadically, saslauthd will error with the saslauthd internal error
(worst error message ever) but then will succeed on the very next try.

Sep 14 17:02:22 cyrus saslauthd[24654]: auth_krb5: k5support_verify_tgt
Sep 14 17:02:22 cyrus saslauthd[24654]: do_auth         : auth
failure: [user=pham] [service=imap] [realm=] [mech=kerberos5]
[reason=saslauthd internal error]

Has anyone seen this behavior before? I am using all stock RHEL4, no
funky stuff.

--
Derek T. Yarnell
UNIX System Administrator