Cyrus-SASL2+Sendmail 8.13.5 problem

Dmitriy Kirhlarov dkirhlarov at oilspace.com
Thu Oct 20 02:27:47 EDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 02:54:50PM +0200, Sasa Stupar wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have compiled sendmail with sasl2 for client authentication on my FreeBSD 5.4. But when user try to send a message it get Relay denied. I have checked the logs and
> there is a line "Uknown password verifier". I am using Cyrus-impad 2.2.12+sasl2 and it works fine.
> My quick fix was to compile sendmail with sasl (ver1) and now I am running sasl2 and sasl. But I really don't want to run two different sasl versions, I'd like to run
> only with sasl2.
>
> BTW: I have put in /etc/make.conf:
> --
> SENDMAIL_CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include -DSASL=2
> SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
> SENDMAIL_LDADD=-lsasl2
> --

Be sure, what you NOT have <Tab> or <Space> at start of line in /etc/make.conf.
Plz, sent output for
pkg_info -Ix sasl
and
sendmail -d0.1 < /dev/null

For in-box FreeBSD 5.4 you can recompile sendmail:
cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail && make depends && make

For port-sendmail you must use
make -DSENDMAIL_WITH_SASL2=yes
(look /usr/ports/mail/sendmail/Makefile)

--
WBR,
Dmitriy