Saslauthd memory leak ?

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Tue Oct 18 11:56:45 EDT 2005

> cmu developed ipc_doors because of solaris performance issues with unix
> domain sockets.  I think you had to exceed 5 authentications per second
> sustained in order to hit this problem.  Keep in mind this was the case
> pre Solaris 9 and possibly before with much slower hardware.  I've never
> hit this bug with Solaris 9 and above and I ran tests with 50
> authentications+ per second sustained with multiple clients querying
> saslauthd.

Well I was surprised of this result since the ipc doors thread model
seems superior, but I ran my tests several time with the same results.
I don't think it comes from the machine, since the problem happened on a
production machine with normal traffic, and on a test box with agressive
concurrent authentication requests.

I will switch to unix doors in production, but I would prefer to track
down this problem. Any idea how I might do that ?

Yann