Build problem in solaris9

Biswatosh biswatosh2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 01:40:20 EDT 2005

Hi Guys
        This is a further follow up on Build problem
in Solaris 9. A few days back, I had suggested some
work around to build cyrus SASL on solaris 9(and may
be 10).
Now,I think there is a better solution.
All you need to know is where is ur openssl header
files and where are the openssl libraries like
libcrypto.a, libcrypto.so .

I have my openssl header files in
/opt/csw/include/openssl and libcrypto.a in
/opt/csw/lib/.
All I did was
ln -s /usr/include/ /opt/csw/include/openssl
ln -s /usr/lib/libcrypto.a /opt/csw/lib/libcrypto.a
ln -s /usr/lib/libcrypto.so
/opt/csw/lib/libcrypto.so(this last step u may not
require)
and that's it!!
Now, I went to the cyrus dir, did a ./configure, make
and make install. It did the job!!(exccept a small
problem in make install where it could not do
something on man pages,I need to find it)and the libs
of SASL were installed.

Biswatosh

PS: yest, when i saw how smoothly it built in Red Hat
Linux ver 9, I found openssl header files in
/usr/include and libs in /usr/lib. I therefore
symlinked and the job was done! So, it looks as if
Cyrus expects openssl in those folders only,which is a
bug.