Build problem in solaris9

Biswatosh biswatosh2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 07:48:04 EDT 2005

Hi Guys
I had some problem with compiling SASL on Solaris 9
and I had my openssl ,latest ver installed in
/usr/local/include but could not get much help. I
looked into some previous mails and saw that,that was
already addressed although the feeling was that it is
a bug in SASL configuration but then there can be work
arounds.
I tried these work arounds but it did not work and
then i did some thing more on that idea and I think I
could finally build it. This mail is for all those who
shared this problem and I tell you the steps I did and
i attach a file containing the mails exchanged between
some guys to solve it. Neither mine nor those mails
are actually ideal solutions and hopefully in the
releases to come ,this would get solved.

What I did:

I created a dir cyrus-sasl-2.1.21_bin to keep the
binaries(to be created) of cyrus.
My openssl include file is in
/usr/local/include/openssl

Steps:

1) cd cyrus-sasl-2.1.21
2)./configure  --prefix=/cyrus-sasl-2.1.21_bin/
CFLAGS=-DOPENSSL_DISABLE_OLD_DES_SUPPORT
3)make
It will give errors,still do it
4)open config.h
write  #define WITH_SSL_DES
5)open Makefile
In INCLUDES, add -I /usr/local/include -I
/usr/local/include/openssl
6)cd plugins
7)make
8)cd saslauthd
9)Open Makefile
10)In INCLUDES add -I /usr/local/include -I
/usr/local/include/openssl
11)Go to the top dir of cyrus back that is now do cd
..
12)Do make
13)Do make install
You should be done.