new features with no documentation

Ken Murchison murch at fastmail.com
Wed Jun 3 18:01:01 EDT 2020

On 6/3/20 5:44 PM, Partha Susarla wrote:
> Hello Anatoli,
> On Wed, 3 Jun 2020, at 6:24 PM, Anatoli wrote:
>> Cyrus developers,
>>
>> What is the purpose/benefit of zeroskip?
>>
> Zeroskip is an append-only key-value DB, currently in experimental stage.
>
>> What is the purpose of chardet and cld2 in cyrus-imapd?
>>
> Both the character detection and language detection libraries although are listed in the dependencies, i don't think are being used. But I will let ellie/Ken respond to this.

chardet is used by the JMAP module of httpd to detect the character set
of untagged 8-bit headers.

cld2 is also used by JMAP for language detection but it doesn't look
like its being used by any code on the master branch yet.  I believe
that Robert S. has a dev branch that uses it.  We can't ask him right
now because he's on holiday the rest of June.

--

Kenneth Murchison
Senior Software Developer