meeting minutes, 2020-08-03
rjbs at fastmailteam.com
Mon Aug 3 07:43:19 EDT 2020
Minutes from this week's Cyrus dev call. If we keep ending early, I can keep sending them immediately following the meeting! :)
* Where to store quotas for UUID mailboxes?
* quota should stay with user during rename, so either needs to be by uuid or be transactional with rename; start at the leaf, walk up mailboxes to find quota; look at domain if none found
* can put the quota file right in the folder (for non-domain quotaroots)
* can we get rid of quotalegacy?
* testing of uuid mailboxes on FM VM began, now Ken will be building new Fm
* Updating JMAP Sieve spec and hope to get it posted as JMAP WG doc this week
* …and some refactoring of DAV delete code, which has gotten a bit out of hand
* sync replication: Bron has put a star next to it. TWO STARS!
* Going to change reconnection and ping logic for the indexer such that it handles transient errors more easily.
* right now squatter is pinging the indexer every time, can fail hard if no good
* bron will change to “just try it and if it fails, retry” — fewer pings, better recovery from transient error
* rjbs asks whether Melbourne shift at Fm learned more about the high CPU use of Tika?
* bron: we can always restart it once an hour once we have retry in place
* rsto: we can use JMX to investigate what it’s doing, tune the VM if that’s the issue
* current theory: it’s some bogus message
* big reindex of Fm users continues apace
* a bunch of new 3.2 issues have arisen since last meeting; new tests, framework work
* next week’s away time moved to October
* IETF last week, of course
* doing some misc. bug fixing
* working on sec’y mode and inbox role for jmap calendars
* scheduling default calendar is now protected and movable (thanks Ken!)
* implementing inbox role on calendars introduces same problem we have in mailboxes: ordering now matters
* sec’y mode: should be a matter of just setting some cyrus setting properly
* rjbs: aren’t we already in secretary mode in Fastmail?
* yes, because the Perl middleware is setting this by default
* see https://fastmail.blog/2017/11/04/shared-calendar-improvements/
* rjbs will learn more about calendar-address-set’s behavior here - https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pot-caldav-sharing-01#section-5.1
* IETF notes, if any:
* bron has to finish polishing minutes from CodiMD from his 3 chaired sessions
* mnot proposed an HTTP API WG, which seems interesting and useful
* no new work from JMAP and EXTRA?
* maybe we add S/MIME validator sometime?
* we’ll probably do the quota work
* we’ll probably implement all of IMAP4rev2 at some point
Ricardo Signes (rjbs)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cyrus-devel