time for cyrus-imap v3.2?

ellie timoney ellie at fastmail.com
Tue Nov 5 17:18:57 EST 2019

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019, at 8:20 AM, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> * #1765 (Move SNMP out from master into a separate daemon) and related
>> pending PR #2100. Ellie had significant progress on this, don't know
>> what's blocking it, but this issue basically blocks any further work on
>> privilege separation like chroot as the main process should retain root
>> while running and the forked children should proceed with setuid & chroot.
>
> Good point - this is something the Greg was close to having done many years ago, but we're not using snmp so it hasn't caused us stress. Happy to put that on the consideration list for 3.2.

The plan with SNMP is to throw it in the bin, and the prometheus stuff is its replacement. I have an open PR to do the "throwing in the bin" but haven't merged it yet. The prometheus stuff is merged on master, but I don't think we (FM) are making full use of the latest iteration of it (which fixed a bunch of performance issues) yet, and I won't quite trust it until I see it under load.

I would like to have this considered stable for 3.2, but inasmuch as is currently possible the work is already done and sitting on master for people to play with.