time for cyrus-imap v3.2?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmailteam.com
Tue Nov 5 00:44:42 EST 2019

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, at 12:04, Ricardo Signes wrote:
> So, I think the plan was to cut a stable Cyrus 3.2 after we had stable JMAP. Is that time now? We talked about this on the Zoom call today.

I think we're pretty close to it. The big question is: do we fork what will eventually become 3.2 and keep stabilising on it while we ship UUID mailboxes on master, or do we finish 3.2 before we merge uuid mailboxes.

> Cyrus master has pretty stable for JMAP core and mail. I think we need to do one more pass through to look for places where Cyrus extensions might leak through without the correct `using` options, but apart from that, I don't think we expect its mail API to change apart from bugfixes.

Yep, legit. The one big thing still missing there is PushSubscriptions. I'd be keen to finish writing that. I mean:

https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-imapd/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A3.2

We should probably do a push and resolve all of those, then boom let's go.

> The other part of the conversation was declaring pre-3 releases EOL except for security fixes.
>
> I don't have much of a horse in this race, but it felt like a bit of looming question.

Generally the pattern has been "current stable and oldstable are supported" - so that would be 3.2 and 3.0 once we release 3.2. I'm good with that.

 Bron Gondwana, CEO, Fastmail Pty Ltd
 brong at fastmailteam.com