Conversations db in 3.0

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea egoitz at sarenet.es
Fri Feb 8 08:15:44 EST 2019

Thank you so much mate. Sorry for sending to both lists... was not my
proposal (has been totally a mistake...).

Apologize again,

---

EGOITZ AURREKOETXEA
Departamento de sistemas
944 209 470
Parque Tecnológico. Edificio 103
48170 Zamudio (Bizkaia)
egoitz at sarenet.es
www.sarenet.es [1]
Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense si es necesario
hacerlo.

El 05-02-2019 14:18, Дилян Палаузов escribió:

> Hello Egoitz,
>
> you have been asked on 7th January by Nic not to post anymore the same message to both cyrus-devel at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
> ask you for, but you expect that people do, what you ask them for.
>
> After a new version of Cyrus is released people migrate to it within a year or two and then the knowledge about the
> concrete migration and its chaveats is lost.
>
> You will likely get more useful feedback, if you first migrate to 2.5 and then to 3.0 and ask question about this
> workflow.  The software is supposed to do also more reliably when this workflow is followed.  Doing anything else is a
> risk, I would not take.  This workflow should also be documentated, as many people have done the version jumps in
> exactly this way.
>
> Regards
> Дилян
>
> On Tue, 2019-02-05 at 11:57 +0100, Egoitz Aurrekoetxea wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> In an upgrade proccesses to upper version you don't have a way revert back the update without loosing content. I was very interested in knowing if I could have a 2.4 master server (without Xapian, conversations and so obviously) replicating to a 3.0 server and if I could perform the :
>>
>> - reconstruct -V max
>> - ctl_conversationsdb -z USER
>> - ctl_conversationsdb -b USER
>>
>> but while the 3.0 is slave and while is replicating from 2.4.
>>
>> Is this possible?
>> Thanks a lot mates,
>> --
>>
>> Egoitz Aurrekoetxea
>> Departamento de sistemas
>> 944 209 470
>> Parque Tecnológico. Edificio 103
>> 48170 Zamudio (Bizkaia)
>> egoitz at sarenet.es
>> www.sarenet.es [1]
>>
>> Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense si es necesario hacerlo.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.sarenet.es