Notes Apr 29

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmailteam.com
Mon Apr 29 07:44:05 EDT 2019

JMAP slow query performance:
 * lots of discussion of why NOT in:Mailbox is really slow
 * Bron will build out a test user using the enron dataset to see if we can easily debug in dev
 * will also get a callgrind dump from a production user who has issues with both AJAX and JMAP
 * might try to build an array of folder numbers in conversations.db to "yes, include", "no, exclude" or "not mentioned" at each tree level in the search expression for quick filtering

Ken:
 * have migration tool almost done
 * need to add support for tiered Xapian indexes
 * added namelocks to ensure nobody reads a middle state
 * can give a mailbox or an entire user
 * start work on the Vacation JMAP support. We need to figure out what to do with custom scripts!
 - probably add an "include" to the end of the current active script
 - create an empty active script if there isn't one
 * for testing the by-UUID code, we'll try replicating to a new machine with the new code and see if that works.

Robert:
 * closed out Cyrus 3.2 issues from github last week
 * default values - being returned on get
 * should we return empty string for properties of type string that don't have defaults?
 * refactored JMAP language indexing, would like to get it on the branch with attachment indexing.
 * with CalConnect coming close, running out of time. Need to work on JSCalendar first.
 * for JSContact, there's somebody interested in implementing it already! They'll have to expect lots of rewrites before it's standard.

Bron:
 * Been working on index upgrade/downgrade for 3.2
 * readonly conversations support to mailbox_open_iwl inversion - changed to abort immediately rather than later when conversations DB write failed - needed to fix a bunch of places which were doing that.

--
 Bron Gondwana, CEO, FastMail Pty Ltd
 brong at fastmailteam.com