Meeting notes from Feb 27th, 2018 (oops)
brong at fastmailteam.com
Mon May 28 19:27:36 EDT 2018
(look what I found in my drafts folder! I checked the list, and it was
- last week away first half
- second half - updating calendar drafts for IETF drafts. (Bron will be
in the session)- recurrence bugs in libical - thought close to having it fixed, but
regression tests hanging.- SASL - still not released, now on hold because person reporting
kerberos bug is getting a kerberos expert to look at it. If not
sorted by IETF, get Alexey to meet people in London for it.- libical - support for jumping into the middle of an rrule.
* issues with rule starting on a leap day
- calconnect started TC-CALSPAM.
- unsure what to do with jscalendar - not much discussion on calext
mailing list, because already discussed in calconnect. Ken will ping
calconnect people to make comments on list.- 99% of people involved in calendaring have already given feedback!
- tasks: there's a separate draft on that, and race / ordering issue
between jscalendar and icalendar tasks.- backported xapian fix from master to 3.0 for tibbs' request from IRC. * related to cyruslibs issues we see with different compilers too.
- we will have to run two different cyrus.works instances to test both
the older compiler version and the newer compiler versions.
- last week: working on Xapian fork.
* Finally successfully building in Travis system at Xapian again.
* Making progress at glacier speed at getting upstreamed - depending
on Olly's time. * Hope snippet generator will land very soon.
* in process of fixing bugs, restarted work on rewriting JMAP core.
* initially started on separate branch, but now writing inside out.
* more iterative style.
* might introduce more bugs, but catch quicker.
- expect JMAP work to fill up the next 2 weeks.
- JMAP - object create, spec says you should return any server-set
properties and any properties that the client didn't explicitly set. * Bron: should be possible to request what you actually want via
backrefs - don't tell the client stuff it doesn't care about!
- spent last week on build issues and FastMail customer issues.
- cyrus.works updated to more recent version of Debian and more recent
version of compiler.- easier to work on zeroskip with Bron around
- will make cyrus.works send us warnings
- tried having stretch and jessie builds on cyrus.works, but it can't
work in parallel, so might have to do sequentially or something. * Bron: cyrus.works is really complex to be safe from FastMail
infrastructure, but maybe we're better off just paying some money
and spinning it up somewhere else!
- been helping tibbs with Fedora builds and the odd issue and
mailing list- cassandane now spits out rlimits in verbose mode
* will be useful later.
- should get discussion on 2265 - documentation of tombstone records.
- working on dilyanpalauzov's reports
- email about sync_client changes
* response showed "it looks scary" is a bit bad even on dev list!
Bron to reply.- should get a strategy which can be backported all the way to 2.5.
- how's core rewrite going? Ken: distracted by other things, but back
to it very soon.- Robert: good time to implement same thing in search layers.
- JMAP-proxy work
- Lots of API changes for all sorts of things - Conversations DB
doesn't have uniqueid right now, so can't change xapian. So do core
Matt (via Rik):
- been working on Cyrus test suite against Cyrus and reporting bugs.
- patch against Cassandane to run JMAP test suite.
- mostly passing!
Bron Gondwana, CEO, FastMail Pty Ltd
brong at fastmailteam.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cyrus-devel