please let me know if you see "release" weirdness on cyrus-imapd github

ellie timoney ellie at fastmail.com
Fri Jul 27 00:23:43 EDT 2018

Hi,

I've just attached the real release files from the 3.0.7 release (from 18th of May) to the GitHub "release" tag for it, as an experiment to see what happens: https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-imapd/releases

So far I can see that it's now listing it as the "latest release" (correct) "3 minutes ago" (doh).  My plan was to upload all the binaries I've got from our previous releases, but I don't want it mislabelling some old release as the "latest release" based on when I uploaded it (as opposed to the timestamp on the tagged commit).  So I'll wait until I've done a real new release, and then upload all the retroactive stuff, and then finish off by uploading the real newest release last.

The two cyrus-imapd-3.0.7.tar.gz and cyrus-imapd-3.0.7.tar.gz.sig it shows are the real release files, and the "Source Code" ones are just the usual zips of the raw git source (i.e. not actually packaged).

If this turns out to be workable, "upload to GitHub" will probably end up being our new release channel once the CMU server goes away.  So in the meantime, if you notice any strangeness in your interactions with the repo, either via web or git, please let me know!

Thanks :)

ellie