uniqueid based paths

Samir Aguiar samir.aguiar at intra2net.com
Fri Jul 20 10:41:17 EDT 2018

Hi all,

We are planning to upgrade to cyrus 3.x.y and after going through the
archives, I noticed there was some talk about using UUIDs as folder
names for mailboxes[1][2].

However, after a few tests with 3.1.5 I noticed that the folder
structure is still using mailbox names. #e4c9ac2bc[3] added the uniqueid
parameter to `mboxname_datapath` (marked as unused) and after that there
seems to be no further development on that side.

Was this idea postponed? Is it still in the backlog or is it configurable?
Sorry if I missed something, I'm a little late to the party.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Samir Aguiar

[1]