Meeting notes: February 12 2018
rsto at fastmailteam.com
Mon Feb 12 16:44:17 EST 2018
Attendees: Bron, Ellie, JanP, Ken, NicB, Nicola, Ric, RobS
- Changed assertions in conversations code that caused an assert to fail on empty mailboxes. If conversations were out of sync that caused a crasher, requiring manual repair of conversations.db. Updated code syslogs that something is weird and aborts gracefully.
- Changed reconstruct -I to give any folder that reuses an unique id a new, really unique id (could happen for deletions on sync). New solution breaks /Seen state, but that's way better than a broken mailbox.
- Working on Github issues and backlog.
- Made mappedfile better cope with IO errors.
- Will sync with Bron.
- Hasn't looked into latest SASL release candidate, yet.
- Still working on mailboxes.db rewrite, lots of internal code assume period as separator. Slowly approaching not to brake anything
- For SASL: got feedback on release candidate. Probably will get more testing done the week after next week.
- Worked on a couple of issues with ellie, in regards to squatter documentation.
- Needs to learn more about Xapian and, now, prometheus.
- Ramping up work for JMAP-TestSuite, will bootstrap for mail capability.
- TestSuite is meant to be usable by all implementations, so no Cyrus specific tests in upstream implementation. Provide hook for implementations to plug in their own tests (e.g. the ‘cyrus’ capability).
- Want to migrate as much as possible from Cassandane into JMAP-TestSuite. TestSuite should be the primary test repo, then just use Cassandane for the implementation-specific stuff.
- Worked further on JMAP core rewrite, but adding latest JMAP spec changes to existing codebase took most time.
- Couple of bigger features in latest changes, including Unicode NFC mailbox names (done), Blob/copy (done on feature branch), now working on getting the rest implemented.
- Next big change waiting: updated Email object, currently in finalisation on JMAP mailing list.
- Open issue of JMAP spec /set requiring invalid interim states. Need to sync with Neil/Bron what that means for Cyrus.
More information about the Cyrus-devel