Notes 27/11

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmailteam.com
Mon Nov 27 06:26:09 EST 2017

Present: Bron, Ken, Nicola, ellie

Bron:
* Lots of Xapian issues last week
* including seqset bug
* incorrect UID issue for per-user-data only updates with
  calendar events.* index_snippets is keeping the mailbox locked while reading from disk
  and generating snippets, which can be slow and block out other
  actions.  We should find a solution to this.
Ken:
* working on docs for internals changes - sync, rename safety etc
* SASL - looks like Alexey is correct, and people were relying on
  buggy behaviour* found a logic error with Bearer Token authentication.
* short week this week

Nicola:
* went to write-the-docs on Friday, single day conference
* didn't fix any doc bugs
* had people with mail server knowledge
  - used them as guinea-pigs to look at our existing docs
  - have notes which will write up and send to list
  - if you don't already know what Cyrus is and how it works, it's a
    wall of acronyms  - FastMail webpage was the kind of thing he was expecting - but at
    least Cyrus docs look better than Dovecot!* FastMail caldav sync doesn't handle alarms particularly nicely.
* Also, FastMail caldav sync should be copy through calendar-user-
  address from the source and passing that through for clients to use
  for scheduling.
ellie:
* just been looking into the jmap getmessagelist stuff -- that email
  thread today is v useful
sasl is just a point release, so should be safe to upgrade independently
Partha is back working on zeroskip after being involved in the xapian
fixes most of last week.
--
  Bron Gondwana, CEO, FastMail Pty Ltd
  brong at fastmailteam.com