Cyrus meeting minutes - May 8, 2017
rsto at paranoia.at
Mon May 8 08:59:06 EDT 2017
Present: Bron, Ellie, Nic, Nicola, Robert
* CMU announced to decommission Cyrus IMAP
* Cyrus development will not be affected by this: FastMail has a
dedicated team to support Cyrus and it is growing. New team member
Partha joins this week, long-term Cyrus contributor Ken joins FastMail
to continue working on Cyrus.
* Cyrus IMAP Board is actively looking for new home for Cyrus project
* Lot’s of contributions on Github, e.g. doc improvements by @jsoref!
Much appreciated, keep them coming!
* Last week busy with FastMail internals, not much Cyrus work done
* Goal for this week: look for new home for Cyrus project
* Migrated own deployment to 3.0, struggled with migrating existing
CardDAV/CalDAV accounts to Cyrus. CalDAV sync at FastMail might be worth
to separate out as standalone migration/sync tool (Bron will look into
* 2.3.20 released for deployments that can’t migrate to 3.0
* Looking into backports for 2.4 and 2.5, if any
* Working through the Github issue backlog
* Working on getting cyrus.works test multiple branches, e.g. 3.0-branch
* Back to Cyrus documentation this week
* Plan is to rearchitect doc, and get the Cyrus web site reindexed
* Pushed attachment search index to master, improvements to JMAP search,
minor JMAP fixes
* Continue sunsetting GETANNOTATION and SETANNOTATION commands, issues
with murder regression tests.
* Next task: index attachment contents for search
Next meeting: Monday May 15, 12:00 UTC.
ask in IRC
More information about the Cyrus-devel