How to prime user calendars in Cyrus 3?

Nic Bernstein nic at onlight.com
Thu May 4 12:00:58 EDT 2017

Ken,
I'm back to the project of trying to migrate my own Cal/CardDav users
from DaviCal to Cyrus 3.  Problem I'm faced with is that other than
myself, my users do not have #calendars or #addressbooks in the Cyrus
mail store.  Thus my migration script fails, as destination collections
do not exist.

I do have "|caldav_create_default:| 1" set, but when pointing a browser
to "http://newjiji:8008/dav/calendars/user/<userid>" for users who don't
already have the collections created, I get a 404 error "Mailbox does
not exist."

So my question is, how does one get these users primed?  My migration
scripts use the administrative user to connect and perform the work, so
such connection is not happening as the user themselves.  If my only
recourse is to make each user connect a calendar client, then I'll do
that, but I don't think that scales well.

My concern here is dealing with sites which, like our own, have already
deployed a CalDav solution and are looking to migrate to the inbuilt
solution on Cyrus.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
     -nic

Nic Bernstein                             nic at onlight.com
Onlight, Inc.                             www.onlight.com
6525 W Bluemound Road, Suite 24           v. 414.272.4477
Milwaukee, Wisconsin  53213-4073